Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Upstream Works Software Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Upstream Works Software Ltd. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative services, if available. The notice will be made publicly available via email and/or on our website as required,.
Upstream Works Software Ltd. will provide accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provisions of our goods and service. All staff will be trained on Accessible Customer Services within 30 days of hiring.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the required of the customer service
- Upstream Works Software ’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the equipment or devices available on site or otherwise that may help with providing services to people with These include communication and computer devices.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Upstream Works Software ’s goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Upstream Works Software Ltd. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback via email – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-660-0969 ext 366. All feedback, including complaints, will be handled by the appropriate manager within 10 days.
Notice of Availability
Upstream Works Software Ltd. will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice on the Bulletin Board.